Wednesday 7 November 2012

Aaron Gilmore


Aaron Gilmore is another Artist which influences my work, the pieces which mostly inspire me are his t-shirt designs and he manipulates texts and then transforms them into picture of people or objects. I personally think that it is a very effective way of looking at a picture, in the picture he also uses words which actually go with the picture such as his illustration of Martin Luther King, he used words such as we shall overcome, hate, war, history and more I think this was effective because the picture actually tells a short story on who the person is, what they believe in and stand for.

I first came across Aaron Gilmore during my second year in college I was browsing other artists and then I saw his work and started to investigate, this then led on to me doing a little bit of independent work. I wanted to design something similar to this but for a music CD cover for an artist. The cover was successful and I believe that it was one of my strongest pieces, it was quite annoying to make using illustrator but the outcome looked great so I was quite happy with my work.




No comments:

Post a Comment