Monday 5 November 2012

Designers Statement


Designer’s statement

I am a graphic designer from South East London currently in my first year of university. I am currently studying Graphic Design & Advertising at the University of East London. I have been studying Graphic Design for 3years; I first took up graphics during college, where I was enrolled at Croydon College. I have many interests within the creative field; I also have an interest in Music. I produce instrumentals in my spare time and work with other artists to make tracks. I mainly work in the hip hip-hop, Rap and RnB industries. In my time in college I did a Btec in Graphic design and two years before that I did a Btec in business, this is what led me to picking Graphics and advertising at university.

My favourite area in graphic design is illustration; I have designed lots of pieces of work using the software. I created 2 posters for Croydon Council using Adobe illustrator, the brief was to create a poster to raise awareness of teen drinking and another was to raise awareness of the consequences of mixing alcohol with prescription drugs. I am also able to use other software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign I have done lots of different pieces using these programs such as creating a magazine on all my previous work and photo editing. I have also done work in typography, pictograms, logos, monograms, sculptors and a small amount of animation work using Photoshop and then editing it placing appropriate sound effects and background music.

My work has been influenced by many different artists, such as Michael Craig Martin, Matt W Moore, Aaron Gilmore, David Carson and Rachel Whiteread. I did a piece of work for my college, I had to create Seasons greeting card, Rachael Whiteread inspired me on this project because she likes to create 3D designs at a large scale so I created a Christmas Tree using paper which I then cut them out in a box template, stuck them together and stacked them on top of each other and stuck a star on the top.

I have also done some independent work I, created posters and cd covers for upcoming Music artist such as Jessy Say’na and Gio Tanna. I have also created leaflets and posters for the club promoter ‘Icecream’ . In my second year of college I was personally asked to make a poster by the head of the department, I was asked to make and design a poster of an up and coming event ‘Progression Fair’

Below are a couple of my designs mainly from my final major project which I done in Croydon college for my last project, the piece was heavily inspired by Michael Craig martin and his colour scheme. The posters are advertising the Olympic Games which are held in North Greenwich Arena, I used illustrator to create these posters. There is also a preview of a CD cover which I created using illustrator for upcoming artist Jessy Sayna




Final Major Project 
 Olympic advertising poster  the North Greenwich Area
Olympic Basketball
Original size (H) 841 x  (W) 594 mm
May 2012

Final Major Project
Olympic advertising poster for the North Greenwich Area
Olympic Gymnastic Artistic
Original size (H) 841 x (W) 594 mm
May 2012
 
Final Major Project
Olympic advertising leflet For the North Greenwich Area
North Greenich area leaflet
Original size (H) 210 x(W) 148 mm
May 2012

Final Major Project
Olympic advertising poster For the North Greenwich Area
Olympic Trampoline
Original size (H) 841 x (W) 594 mm
May 2012

CD Cover Preview 
Front of Jessy Vs Arctic Vol.1
Original size (H) 120 mm x (W) 120mm
January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment