Wednesday 7 November 2012

Rachel Whiteread


Rachel Whiteread is an English artist born on the 20th of April 1963, she is best known for her cast sculptures. Rachel attended the Faculty of Arts and Architecture in Brighton Polytechnic for painting training. She worked in Highgate Cemetery fixing the top of coffins which have been damaged, her first exhibition by herself was in 1988, her first piece of work which caught the attention of the public was a piece called ‘Ghost’ in 1990, ‘Ghost’ is a cast of a room from Archway in London.

Rachel Whiteread inspired me in on one of my projects I did in the second year of college I was asked to create a seasons greeting card for my college, the winner would get there card mass produced and would be given out by my college. Whiteread inspired me to create a 3d project, I made square boxes out of paper and stacked them in a pyramid shape and made an origami star and placed it on top to look like a Christmas tree. Rachel was a great inspiration because she liked to make sculptures and models at large scales so I thought she was the best choice to choose from for this idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment