Wednesday 7 November 2012

Michael Craig Martin


Michael Craig Martin was born on the 28th of August 1941 Dublin in Ireland, best known for his paintings and his contemporary conceptual art. Michael is mainly known for his unique style of his paintings. In his early life Michael Craig Martin studied religious education for eight years in a catholic school and then moved to another school called English Benedictine Priory School where he and the other students were encouraged to look at the stained glass windows imprinted with religious images.

I first came across this graphic designer in my first year at college where I had to choose one artist from a list and had to do some research on him and them design a piece of work using his work as an influence. One of my favourite pieces of work from Michael Craig Martin is from the collection ‘Intimate Relations’ I like the different compositions he used some of the objects in the picture would bleed of the page and none of the objects size in the pictures are done to scale. I think this adds a great effect to his work. Since researching on Michael I have used his work to inspire my own in many occasions.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment